Your grade for this course consists of maximum nine (9) assignments.
- You need to complete two (2) to pass the course, and the more you complete the better your grade.
- All assignments need to be completed fully, as instructed, for them to count towards your grade.
- The detailed instructions for each assignment will be discussed in class and posted on our course blog a week prior their due date.
No late submissions.
For a pass = D
1.Mid Term Exam (completed fully as instructed and with minimum 70% correct answers).
2.Final Assignment (completed fully as instructed and submitted by the deadline by the deadline WED 5.10. at midnight, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Both assignments are based on the lectures, the course book, and the Human Centered Design Toolkit .
For a C the above and one (1) of the below
For a C+ the above and two (2) of the below
For a B- the above and three (3) of the below
For a B the above and four (4) of the below
For a B+ the above and five (5) of the below
For an A- the above and six (6) of the below
For an A the above and seven (7) of the below
3. Attendance and active class participation. (You are allowed to miss one  session, no questions asked. Otherwise, let the instructor know in advance and/or provide a doctor’s note for any other missed class.)
4. A written informal brief on your SDG: (a) Why did you choose your specific goal; (b) what would be a concrete case/example of a global challenge related to your goal (anywhere in the world, big or small); (c) what would be a local variation of that challenge; and (d) what is the (potential) role of the media and communication technologies in advancing your goal? Detailed instructions will be posted on the blog a week prior due date.
5. Public Service Announcement Video about your goal to a local audience of your choice. Instructions will be posted on the blog a week prior due date.
6. HCD Project on your Goal: HEAR. Identify your real-life, local design challenge. Instructions will be posted on the blog a week prior.
7. HCD Project on your Goal: HEAR. Recognize Existing Knowledge, Identify People to Talk to, and Choose Your Method. Instructions will be discussed in class and posted on the blog 1.5 WEEKS prior.
8. HCD Project on your Goal: CREATE. Gather Insights and Develop a Framework – Model – Theory – Solution Design! Instructions will be posted on the blog a week prior.
9. HCD Project on your Goal: DELIVER. Identify Capabilities Needed for your solution. Instructions will be posted on the blog a week prior.