You have by now identified your Design Challenge that is…
- Framed in human terms (rather than technology, product, or service functionality)
- Broad enough to allow you to discover the areas of unexpected value
- Narrow enough to make the topic manageable
TO DO NEXT:
- What do I know? From the IDEO Toolkit:
- What people need or want
- What technologies can help in this challenge
- What solutions or ideas are being tried in other areas
- Any early hypotheses about how to solve the Design Challenge?
- Are there any contradictions or tensions that emerge?Where is my knowledge the strongest: on the needs of people, on the technological possibilities, or in how to implement ideas?
- –> What do I need to know? The most important knowledge needs!
- How do I find out?
- Individual Interview
- Group Interview
- In Context Immersion
- Community-Driven Discovery
- Expert Interviews
- Seeking Inspiration in New Places
Please read the IDEO HCD Toolkit, pages 39-68 for more info, instructions, and inspiration.
Answer those 3 questions listed above as a comment, according to this format:
My specific design challenge is: [1 sentence]
I know that [max. 4 sentences]
My most important knowledge needs are [1 sentence]
I intend to find out more by [max. 4 sentences]
Due 4/10 by class time.