- Learn what Design Thinking in development means: Explore the Introduction (only pages 1-13) of the IDEO Toolkit.
- Read Chapter 14 from Snarr & Snarr for background.
- Start to envision what you might want to do, were you the Executive Director of a LOCAL non-profit. You are an expert in communication — so what kind of project would bring together the media/comm tech and development?
- Start big (your overall goal) but then begin to envision a concrete LOCAL project that you might want to do. The more specific, and realistic, you can be, the easier and more useful this assignment will be.
- Briefly describe your non-profit (it can already exist — say, you want to do a project for Amnesty — or you can make one up). Describe your basic project idea: What-why-how-by whom-with what results. Reiterate specifically what your LOCAL DESIGN CHALLENGE IS. One paragraph is enough.
- Post below as a comment by 3/27 class time.